This year I decided to blog—for the 1st time. I wanted to share my story; a journey that began with a curiosity, now has turned into my passion. I am a Holistic Health Coach and I teach people how to live life with abundance. Just like you, my story has lot of twist and turns, drama, boatloads of lessons-learned and god knows –full of hit and misses. But one thing that has remained constant is my intent to succeed to love and live life to the fullest. And that intent comes from the fact that I approach life –one day at a time. I don’t plan it. If the tides are taking me downstream, I don’t fight it. I don’t steer my boat upstream. This is because I know I will catch a good current soon.
Sure, we all lead a busy life with jobs, families and umpteen numbers of things we sign up for. And, as we continue to complicate things, life happens. We look to capture key milestones but miss out the day-to-day miracles.
Looking back at 2016, life brought me many surprise packages. Through every interaction, I learnt about the power of intentions, prayers, synchronicity, abundance, curiosity and above all--the power of Belief. There also came a time in the last 3-4 months where life became frantically busy for me. But I truly believed in the magic called LIFE: waking up every morning and wondering who was I going to meet today that will move me one step closer or forward in my journey? Who is going to answer my questions of the day, could be about life, spirituality or anything and everything? I looked for this joy in every conversation, even some difficult ones which taught me great deal about myself. And believe me, those are not easy to deal with especially if family is involved. I had to ask myself: am I going to lead life fully with no regrets or hold back and take this beautiful, awe-inspiring Life for granted? Life can change in a moment, regardless of age, color, gender or religion. All your dreams and aspirations can be shattered within seconds.
So I ask you: are you going to waste your time blaming everyone and/or every situation? Are you going to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the present? The answer lies in you. Shed the blame; stop carrying the load of yesterday, the pressure of tomorrow and focus on the present moment and this magnificent gift called Life. If not, eventually, it will consume you and manifest in the form of Dis-ease or Dis-Ability. As cliché as it sounds, living in the moment without guilt, anger, resentment, judgment, expectations, and changing your attitude, perspective or the way you see things will change your life forever.
As you start your new year, question to ask yourself is: How am I going to live in the present moment this year?
Here are some suggestions to help you live in the now:
1. Take 5 to 10 deep breathes. When you start thinking about past or worried about future or when you are upset. Remember Respond Don’t React.
2. Ask yourself: the problem I am having --is it within my realms of control? If not, quit worrying about it. Be honest and gentle with yourself.
3. Practice new way of thinking every few minutes. Start enjoying everything you do. Look at things, people and your surroundings in a totally different way. Even if it’s for 5 minutes. Changing Your Perspective Will Change Your Life.
4. Focus on things that really matter to you and work on it daily. Ask yourself: What are some activities that can be optional or can be eliminated so you can work on something meaningful.
5. Do or try one thing new, something you have never done before, in a month or week or daily.
6. Do what you love every moment. Go do what you always wanted to. Do it now, tomorrow is not guaranteed.
7. Look beyond co-dependency: Don’t spend all of your time making everyone happy. Remember there are billions of people in this world and you are not going to like everyone and not everyone will like you and that’s completely OK. Conflicts are part of life, a learning opportunity to speak your truth.
8. Start moving, walking, dancing, playing golf, be active daily.
9. Start Journaling and reading: daily 10-15 minutes. Read about or works of people that inspire you.
10. Always remember:
Right now, at this very moment everything is OK.
Right now you have everything that you need.
Right now you are safe.
Right now you are loved unconditionally and are supported by everyone around you.
Right now you have the options and FREEDOM TO CHOOSE your emotions, your every moment, every thought and every word.
You Are ENOUGH.
You Are Love & Light.
You are the Best thing that has happened to you.
YOU ARE THE CENTER OF YOUR UNIVERSE.
Above all be Grateful for everything, everyone and for this very moment!!